Volunteering makes a tremendous difference in the lives of others.
SCMAAF Community Programs
Promoting health in our communities
Each year our members contribute thousands of hours of volunteer service to Sonoma County by: developing and staffing programs that address identified community needs; granting local non-profits, educational institutions, and students pursuing health-related careers with funding to support their goals; and partnering with local non-profits to ensure the successful implementation and sustainability of our programs.
Our current programs include:
- Give-a-Gift Program - In addition to providing holiday gifts to foster children in Sonoma County, this program also supports college-bound foster youth by providing them with laptop computers and school books.
- Health Careers Scholarships - In collaboration with the Sonoma County Medical Association, the Alliance provides scholarships to Sonoma County students who are pursuing health-related careers.
- Head-2-Toe Health & Science Lab - In partnership with the Children's Museum of Sonoma County, the Alliance has provided support in establishing this hands-on lab for children and their caregivers to explore.
- JourneySafe - Distracted Driving educational presentations are made in partnership with California Highway Patrol Officer Jon Sloat at public and private high schools in Sonoma County.
- Safe Schools Program - Grants are made available to elementary, middle and high schools throughout Sonoma County for the purchase of anti-bullying and violence prevention curriculum.